Monday, September 29, 2008

Russia pictures

Monday, September 29th, 2008

In this last installment, I've included pictures from my trip to Moscow in March and April. The pictures start with an overwhelming trip I took on my first night in Moscow to downtown and the red Square which was totally unreal. There are some pictures of my hotel and where I worked every day (the Russian Space Institute Building).

I took many day trips on the weekends with my friend Natasha and several others from the institute. We visited the Kremlin, several art galleries, and visited all parts of Moscow. I was lucky enough to be driven out to the Monastery of St. Sergius in the Russian countryside and those pictures are included. Additionally there are pictures of various places around Moscow and Tsaritsnayo.

Finally, there are pictures of me and my colleagues at the Center for Ecology and Productivity of Forests who made my trip a wonderful and memorable experience.

I will post summer pictures in the coming weeks to get caught up.

~ D

No comments: