Saturday, October 16, 2004

A Good-bye

"But long before this scene concludes,
the end I'm seeking still eludes,
my every effort to apply,
your will to moments passing by.
But every time you say good-bye,
a pain I can't identify,
reveals to me that hidden door,
that leads to several moments more."

- "Meatstick"
Phish

Looks like it's about time to say good-bye to Cusco again. The past four months or so have been really wonderful, an amazing experience once again. Unforunately I have to leave before I really want to and won't get to say good-bye to Maritza. However, leaving this early and not going on the Heath trip will allow me to come back in mid-January.

Tonight I am going out with Evelyn and her friend Mary. Last night we went out to get some food and walk around the plaza, tonight we're going to hit up some clubs. Today was mostly taken up by a party for Chaska Wasi at the playground in Majisterio. Steve was in charge of cooking 500 pieces of terribly tough meat - he did a pretty good job.

I am scared to come back to the US. So much happens there, life is so fast, I just don't know how I am going to cope with it...I've forgotten what it's like to drive a car, what its like to eat a cheesesteak, a lot of things. I'm truly going to miss everyone who has helped me adapt here for the 3 months that I'm back in the states doing research on the Heath Project. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone before I leave Monday afternoon.

~ D

No comments: