Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Return

Well the return to the US was fairly uninteresting. I passed straight through customs without getting checked, the first time that has ever happened. None of the flights were late and everything worked out. I still got the usual freak-out at the airport when everyone was speaking in English and I could understand everything, but it wasn't nearly as bad as last year. I did feel the speed of the car this year however.

I'm back in the US, so perhaps my blog won't be as interesting as it was in Peru, but I'm going to continue to document everything anyway, particularly because there are some really good road-trips ahead, and also because I'm going to keep comparing the US and Peru/Bolivia, which is the point of this Blog.

Today, for example, at the bosox/yankees game, I noticed everyone freak out because the police came on the field. In the Cienciano games, when an opposing player left the field, the police covered him with shields, to deflect the bricks and stones thrown at his head. There were always riot police there...so a few fans threw baseballs back, big deal. They'll do anything to make things seem exceptional on TV, even eccentuate the barely interesting.

This week will consist of observing PA - I'll try to write all the thoughts down. I'll also have time to put up some more pictures and write in a new interview. Please keep continuing to read and share with your friends about the site, I'm excited to see all my friends who have been reading, it's a great way to keep everyone updated!

~ D

No comments: